Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A triumphant return - C. Brown in A Destructive Lumber Yard

The mere sight of a Lumber Yard with the sky seemingly snowing the seeds of dandelions in balmy, sticky sweat. It was the hottest few days in Toronto I had felt in long time - if ever. To breath was a chore. My adventure begins with Contractors. The  filth of the earth - the most greediest bunch of cocksuckers to walk the planet.
"I want 1000 more dollars for the extra electrical!" Says the British Guyanese Contractor
"The contract says ALL Electrical!" I reply
What has this world come to? When all is gone, money, wealth the feeling of more is always there with us. We always want more! MORE MORE MORE! 
While these bootshits started their job, I end up in the North of the Province. A delightful guys weekend, a drunken smoke filled room. Happiness at last. If it wasn't for a stronghold of civilization I would have never got those cigars. Into the depths of a pothead filled corner store. A smoke shop by trade. I stood behind a very crusty, weathered man yelling at the asian employee.  After he finished his blathering, I asked to see the Cigars - when I realize the smokes are hidden. I think back to a corner store experience the day before, a mission to get cold soda - they had their smokes hidden too. What in gods name? She leads me over.
"Tomorrow you can't see them." She says in her Oriental accent.
"Why?" I inquire
"Government! They tell to put tobacco away! You use catalogue." She states.
"Jesus." I mutter.
Monte Cristos and Romeo and Juliets. I didn't want to spend a fortune. Then I got Jack Daniel's and Red Stripe beer. After a drive, it was freedom. How could I have missed this delight before? I haven't lived here very long. That is the answer. 
It wasn't until work set me astray from school, that I felt the cold grasp of depression on my testicles again. It was a work of art - me avoiding it. But I can handle it better now. I got relief with another Friday and then - a peaceful meditation with my two platonic girlfriends. What a night. Sober nonetheless. How ever, I chose to pick up some Grass. There was a party going on in the Ravine that evening, after a particular concert. I worked toward the place. A place filled with drunken, stoned memories. I left behind my girlfriends for a time. I went by myself, my cash in hand, I walked through the uncut grass, past a group of kids drinking something along the lines of Heineken.  As I was about to go down, I found a Black Motorolla Razer, I would not want to be the owner of this! I picked it up and descended down into the pit. Down, down, until I was spotted and greeted. 
"Greetings." I exclaimed. 
I went up to fat, surly fellow who thinks he looks good who I knew was dealing.
"May I buy some Marijuana?" I investigated in an English Accent.
His pale complexion looked contrasting to his red cheeks and his heavily dilated pupils. He nods. I end up talking to these older fellows who show me a picture of a bon fire. I got the grass, and after showing the phone and find its owner, I joined my girls for a fine night.
The next day was an odd waiting game. A concert of the fine Indie bands Stars and Death Cab for Cutie. I won't give too much detail, but I was connected with a particular member of Young Galaxy who was opening. After this, my anxiety to smoke overcame and my Jewish friend and I came home and smoked half the grass. I was overcome with joy and ate and fell asleep. It wasn't till the morning, in my groggy voice I found myself in a world of insanity, my friend went on a date while I met this other young girl for a project and met with a teacher - all the while the piece of shit contractors antagonized my life.
And finally I found myself in the Lumber Yard of a Rona. The hot sweat on my back and forehead, the bright sun casting dangerous rays down. I was wearing a dress shirt - and Aviators. It appeared to be snowing. And the world seemed unreal for that day, and then it thunder stormed, casting aside the steaming hot life for another time and place.
We will meet again you dirty bastard.

No comments: